Dev Ops Engineer
m/f/x • Berlin
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join us in our journey of enabling people, organizations, and machines to be in control of their data using Decentralized Identity management technology.
At Jolocom you will:
Focus on DevOps topics, and You will work closely with our development team. You will be responsible for ensuring our developers can work efficiently with all required technologies and that we are able to deliver new software at scale in the highest quality and in a continuous way. Your work will expand into distributed systems, cloud infrastructure technologies, automated testing, and microservices domains.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 4+ years of professional experience of DevOps engineering
- an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent area
- strong application development skills, including experience in modern and enterprise-ready technology stacks, such as Spring, Node.js, React
- strong experience in container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes
- sxcellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes
- relevant experience with CI/CD pipelines, GitHub, testing frameworks, and other DevOps tools
- previous experience in implementing continuous delivery and DevOps solutions
- ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines, i.e., implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot issues
- hands-on skills working with distributed databases
- strong cross-functional skills and the ability to work with operations and engineering teams to make sure systems are scalable and secure
- knowledge of software development processes and methodologies
- comfortable with daily tools like Jira, Confluence, XML, Json, Yaml, SSH, Linux Shell
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- ability to work under competing priorities, manage expectations effectively, and support the team under pressure
- comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- passion for learning about the latest technologies balanced with pragmatic approaches to implementations
- you are fluent in English (German is a plus).
Extra nice if…
you are familiar with larger Web3 stack and have knowledge about and a deep interest in Decentralized Technology (Blockchain, Web3).
What to expect from us:
- a flat (horizontal) organization — we avoid top-down management;
- supportive, collaborative and friendly atmosphere;
- multi-product environment;
- beautiful very own office in the heart of Kreuzberg;
- an international team.
. . .
What it’s like to work at Jolocom?
We create software systems that resolve significant challenges in digital identity & access management, as well as privacy, while improving a person-first user experience.
We maintain a calculated balance between pragmatism (shipping code), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of robust engineering principles.
Crucially, we believe in a collaborative approach to creation: at Jolocom we share a definitive appreciation for the transformative power of open source. We’re an interdisciplinary team including colleagues with specialties in engineering, design, product, business, and community engagement.
If you are smiling and motivated to pursue your passion, it may be time to get in touch with us at Jolocom.
. . .
If you believe that you cover the majority of the requirements above, please send your CV, portfolio and few lines about why you are a good fit at hello (at) jolocom.io.