Full-stack Content Strategist
m/f/d • Berlin
Our ideal candidate will be equal parts Content Designer, SEO Specialist, and Brand Advocate.
As a Content Strategist, you’ll establish Jolocom’s content marketing
strategy in alignment with our company values and business strategy to increase community engagement with the brand and accelerate business growth.
The core focus of this role is strategic content creation, distribution and optimization.
At Jolocom you will:
- identify “content gaps” and create our content strategy from scratch;
- create the organization’s verbal identity & tones of voice across channels in a way that aligns & reinforces Jolocom’s established visual identity;
- lead the production of content for use in discussion posts, product updates, newsletters and event materials;
- deliver text-based content that stimulates open conversation about Jolocom’s impact & products, attracts new leads, and builds brand awareness;
- be involved in user testing and iterate copy based on results;
- use qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions;
- run keyword research to find areas for organic growth and create content performance reports;
- define and evolve our verbal narrative and tone(s) of voice across various channels;
- reimagine, reinvigorate, and breathe new life into our newsletter and blog;
- be the voice of our community to our internal team and be the voice of Jolocom to the community on social media;
- work shoulder-to-shoulder with our visual communications designer and technical copywriter to harmonize outcomes of your wordsmithery with the wider company strategy.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- experience working at digital startups in tandem with design, product and technical teams to create, launch, and/or revamp content to tell a new story to new audiences;
(bonus: experience working at agencies in the field of copywriting for advertising)
- strong writing and editorial skills;
- passion for making complex subjects easy to grasp and compelling to consume;
- a portfolio of your previous work (projects, assignments, etc.);
(bonus if it includes interface microcopy)
- a holistic understanding of content marketing techniques and social media trends;
- a solid understanding and approach to reasoning about technical topics;
- an integral sense of empathy and desire to engage with people of varying degrees of technical expertise;
- strong opinions about content and can speak clearly and persuasively to their ideas on what makes good (and bad) content;
- a passion for new technologies, human-centric design and privacy;
- an eager desire to learn “all that you can” about decentralization;
- strong facilitation and communication skills.
- fluency in English is a must;
- German is a plus.
What to expect from us:
- a flat (horizontal) organization — we avoid top-down management;
- supportive, collaborative and friendly atmosphere;
- multi-product environment;
- realistic project estimation times;
- beautiful very own office in the heart of Kreuzberg;
- we regularly organize DWeb events.
. . .
What it’s like to work at Jolocom?
At Jolocom we are on a mission to put people, organizations, and machines in control of their data using decentralized identity management technology.
We create software systems that resolve significant challenges in digital identity & access management while delivering person-first user experience.
We maintain a calculated balance between pragmatism (shipping code), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of robust engineering principles.
Crucially, we believe in a collaborative approach to creation: at Jolocom we share a definitive appreciation for the transformative power of open source.
All of this happens in the heart of Berlin.
If you already have a smile in your face, it may be time to pursue your passion at Jolocom.
. . .
If you believe that you cover the majority of the requirements above, please send your CV, portfolio (if not available online) and few lines about why you are a good fit at hello (at) jolocom.io
This job description is also available as PDF.