We are hiring
Experienced Software Engineer (C, Rust, Go)
m/f/d • Berlin/remote
Jolocom is looking for an experienced (mid/senior) full-time Software Engineer with strong programming skills, backed by a passion for both web and protocol development, to build truly cutting-edge technology.
At Jolocom you will:
- as a part of Dev Team deliver cutting edge cryptographically-secured no-blockchain decentralised web Identity infrastructure;
- work on library development for parts of our protocol;
- engage in open source community collaboration;
- build new (product) features from start to finish (from conception all the way through research, maintenance, and refinements);
- improve scalability and security of the Jolocom library.
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- have a background in computer science;
- have a strong knowledge of compiled languages (e.g. C++, Go, Rust);
- are able to pick up JS or TS if needed;
- develop IOS / Android native libs / modules which interface with react native;
- can show a portfolio of relevant projects or related activities;
- (bonus) are familiar with Self-Sovereign Identity concepts;
- (bonus) have Authn / Authz protocol knowledge (e.g. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect);
- (bonus) are familiar with crypto-secured messaging protocols (e.g. JWS, JWM, JWE);
- (extra points) have working knowledge of the basic cryptographic primitives (signatures, hashes and ciphers);
- (bonus) are familiar with standardisation processes and SDO’s. (w3c, iana);
- love solving complex architectural and interoperability problems;
- gravitate toward idiomatic, well-structured, readable, and testable code;
- have persistent drive to make improvements and innovate, desire to have an impact by effectively managing conflicts and priorities, and by thinking creatively and solution-oriented.
- fluency in English is a must;
- German is a plus.
What to expect from us:
- a flat (horizontal) organization — we avoid top-down management;
- supportive, collaborative and friendly atmosphere;
- multi-product environment;
- Kanban workflow;
- realistic project estimation times;
- encouragenet to come up with your own solutions for technical challenges around data flow, reactiveness and performance;
- exciting cryptography (but not crypto-currency) based product with huge potential;
- very own office in the heart of Kreuzberg.
. . .
What it’s like to work at Jolocom?
At Jolocom we are on a mission to put people, organizations, and machines in control of their data using decentralized identity management technology.
We create software systems that resolve significant challenges in digital identity & access management while delivering person-first user experience.
We maintain a calculated balance between pragmatism (shipping code), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of robust engineering principles.
Crucially, we believe in a collaborative approach to creation: at Jolocom we share a definitive appreciation for the transformative power of open source.
All of this happens in the heart of Berlin.
If you already have a smile in your face, it may be time to pursue your passion at Jolocom.
. . .
If you believe that you cover the majority of the requirements above, please send your CV, portfolio (if not available online) and few lines about why you are a good fit at hello(at)jolocom.io