Product Designer for cross-platform mobile app
m/f/x • Berlin
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to join us in our journey of putting people, organizations, and machines in control of their data using decentralized identity management technology.
At Jolocom you will:
- identify focus on mobile app experience and its web interface flows;
- maintain and update the product design system;
- create user flows and apply rapid prototyping;
- do everything around UX research and prototyping, as well as user testing;
- suggest improvements for products and processes;
- validate your assumptions through testing and user interviews;
- create user journey maps;
- work with various stakeholders to ensure excellent experience to our future users;
- apply your craft at all stages of Product Development, own the process from discovery to delivery;
- create mockups, and turn them into MVPs, and finally pixel-perfect designs;
- actively participate in meetings and conduct product presentations for partners (live demos);
- work with contractors where needed (illustrations, translation)
- collaborate closely with the team, support and direct experienced co-workers;
- help shape the way our company grows and develops in the future by actively contributing our work culture and processes.
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- have already worked for more than 3 years on different digital products and acquired an in-depth understanding of the product design process;
- have a strong portfolio. Your solutions are not only elegant and functional, but you can demonstrate a well-structured, iterative design process;
- know how to maintain existing products and design system;
- have experience with accessibility design and privacy by design;
- understand technological limitations apps are built in (feasibility of technology/time constrains);
- ready to negotiate proposed designs (ready to look for the optimal solution);
- have excellent communication skills.
Extra nice if you have:
- some experience in applying a Brand Design guide;
- been working in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
- experience in marketing materials support (landing pages, banners, presentations);
- knowledge about and interest in Decentralized Technology (Blockchain, Web3).
What to expect from us:
- a flat (horizontal) organization — we avoid top-down management;
- supportive, collaborative and friendly atmosphere;
- multi-product environment;
- beautiful very own office in the heart of Kreuzberg;
- an international team.
. . .
What it’s like to work at Jolocom?
We create software systems that resolve significant challenges in digital identity & access management, as well as privacy, while improving a person-first user experience.
We maintain a calculated balance between pragmatism (shipping code), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of robust engineering principles.
Crucially, we believe in a collaborative approach to creation: at Jolocom we share a definitive appreciation for the transformative power of open source. We’re an interdisciplinary team including colleagues with specialties in engineering, design, product, business, and community engagement.
If you are smiling and motivated to pursue your passion, it may be time to get in touch with us at Jolocom.
. . .
If you believe that you cover the majority of the requirements above, please send your CV, portfolio (if not available online) and few lines about why you are a good fit at hello (at) jolocom.io.